1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

a little unsure whats going on

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Speed, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Speed

Speed Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2011
    The Berwicks
    we set eggs on march 2 and didn't realize that we had to take them out of the automatic egg turner on day 18 (which would be march 20) we ended finding out and took them out of the turners and into another incubator on march 22. we haven't seen any signs of peeping or eggs moving yet. should we be concerned as today (march 24) they should have hatched? we have candled them at day 18 and they looked fine. any suggestions would help.

2. redhen689

redhen689 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    SE PA
    Give them another couple of days.

3. Speed

Mar 20, 2011
    The Berwicks
    ok i was going to wait a couple more days just wasn't sure how long to wait. i've read other posts of eggs hatching on day 24 or 25.

4. Speed

Mar 20, 2011
    The Berwicks
    so the first batch of eggs were a bust :( we have 8 more eggs we just put into lockdown last night. heres to hoping lol

5. aveca

aveca Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Waverly, NY
    it kind of sounds like your temps are running a little low....there have been people in here that come home from work and find peeps running around the lip of the incubator turner still running..i have seen that story turn up a few times over the years in here.

6. Speed

Mar 20, 2011
    The Berwicks
    our temps have been steady 99.5F, maintained 35 - 40 % humidity through the 18 days then in the second bator ( our lockdown bator) we've maintained 99.5F with 60- 65% humidity. Not sure what happened with the first batch of eggs but they didn't make it. The second batch of 8 that we set in lockdown are looking great. Temps and humidity are perfect. We got up this morning and a chick had pipped. And now it has hatched [​IMG] and there are 4 other eggs rocking back and forth and the hatch date is tomorrow. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by