A little update.. :) First blood test today :)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by jkcove08, Oct 10, 2007.

1. jkcove08

jkcove08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    Hey all, I just wanted to thank you again for your thoughts and prayers for myself and the parents that I am trying to get pregnant for. This is thier last chance to have a child since the insurance money is gone... The egg retrieval was on the 4th of October and they were only able to get 3 eggs. We were very worried since normally 1 or 2 do not develope. On Friday afternoon I called and was told that the transfer was going to be Sunday moning and that actually all 3 embryos were developing.. YAY! We flew out on Saturday and had the transfer Sunday morning. They embryos were all average or better.. I now have to wait until the 18th when I will have blood drawn to determine if I am indeed pregnant. Again I thank everyone for thier thoughts and prayers and I will keep you posted next Thursday as to weither I am preggers or not. Thanks Jenn

Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  2. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    That's amazing. All the best to you. Please let us know. [​IMG]

3. bantymum

bantymum Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi Jenn, I missed the original thread, you are a remarkable woman and I wish all of you the best health, wealth and happiness.
    Keep us posted angel.

4. Hi Jenn! I was thinking of you this weekend.
    That is a truly wonderful and amazing thing you are doing --- I'd like to give you a great big hug [​IMG]
    How do you feel?

Lisa

5. jkcove08

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    THanks guys, Lisa, I am feeling pretty good. I have been sorta tired the last few days but that is pretty normal for the meds that I have to take so that my body doesnt reject the baby. My frizzle eggs hatched while I was gone and I ended up with 4 of your eggs hatching. I think my bator had a small temp spike while I was gone. Not enough to kill everyone but enough to killmost. I am done incubating for the year.. I am pretty happy the bators are off now. I am still going to buy some pullets from a hatchery since My FIL has gotten more and more egg sales for me and I want them laying in the spring instead of getting them in the spring. My sister also wants to get us into raising pigeons for a profit. I think it will work out great other then I will have to move my chickens all around to convert our barn into a huge pigeon palace..LOL She is going to fincance the whole thing and we are going to do the work. The people that we are contracting with are going to buy back every baby that we raise for the next 10 yrs. I am just going to take it 1 day at a time though.. Cant wait to get more eggs from you in the spring too!! Jenn

6. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Congrats!!![​IMG]

7. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Yay !! for you.

8. snugglepup

snugglepup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2007
    Creedmoor, NC
    Good luck, Jenn! I can't even imagine what that must be like, but man... good luck!

9. jkcove08

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    Well, I went in for the first blood test this morning. After waiting until the late afternoon and 2 calls to my doctor and 1 call to the IVF clinic I finally found out that my HCG number is 23... AHHHHH!!! 25 is the number for a positive preggers test.. The number can be anywhere from 5 to 170. I was told that things look good and now I will have to wait and go back in for blood test number 2 on Monday. If everything goes as planned my HCG numbers should be around 100. I did 2 different home test that both gave me light positives and that makes sense now since most home tests need 25 or more to show a positive test. I am staying very up beat and made my intended mother feel much better after talking to her earlier. I did tell her at least we know we are not having triplets..lol.. They put in 3 embryos and all I could think of is I would get preggers with 3. Well, thanks again to all that have been rooting for us and keep us in your thoughts for a few more days. I feel sooooo good about this one. I sooo hope that I can give this couple a child to love. I will let you know on Monday how things go. Jenn

10. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    [​IMG] Keep us posted.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by