A little winter dust bathing!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Funky Chooks, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Funky Chooks

Funky Chooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2012
    Portland, Oregon
    So here are four of my girls having a great time since the weather has been lousy and wet. This is the first opportunity in a long while since they've enjoyed a dust bath.

My Ameraucanas are complaining about wanting treats in the background. The two on the left are recent rescue chickens, who are just now acting like chickens, and it took about 2 months for them to recover completely. They are still small and their growth might have been stunted from poor nutrition.

Hope you enjoy my first video!

2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    They look so darn cuddly all rolling in the dirt together. It's sweet, sweet chicken bliss.

3. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    OMG, that is the sweetest thing. But I don't understand why dust bathing is such a group activity? Mine to it too. But they are up in each others faces.

4. Funky Chooks

Dec 16, 2012
    Portland, Oregon
    Heehee, yeah, little LuLu Belle was trying to make a hat out of my Pearl! Cracks me up every time I see it. My brahma's really have been a joy to own, never a moment's trouble, and as sweet as can be.

5. Duffysma

Duffysma Out Of The Brooder

Nov 12, 2012
    Wakefield, Virginia
    Awww! I just love your Brahmas! I have 5 buff chicks arriving soon (along with 5 Australorps)! I'm so looking forward to them! Thank you for sharing the video!

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Get your foot out of my face! [​IMG] I enjoyed watching!

7. Funky Chooks

Dec 16, 2012
    Portland, Oregon
    Aww, thank you everyone! I'm glad you like them!

We are having a few dry days in a row, so my chickens seem ecstatic. The sunshine is really making my new birds happy. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by