1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A local Farmer invented a hybrid car

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BuckeyeDave, Jul 2, 2008.

1. FLOWERPOT

FLOWERPOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    LOL, I liked that!
    I said we are gonna have to go back to horse and buggy!

2. Robin L

Robin L Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2008
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG] Thanks for sharing this Dave!

3. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    I like that better than the "idea" my DH came home with yesterday!! www.flytheroad.com [​IMG]

I dunno what he's thinking. He nearly falls asleep every DAY on the way home! Geez... My youngest told him he could put training wheels on it to "help out". LOL!!

He thinks he's getting one and I think not.

Stacy

4. goatkeepers

goatkeepers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Mooresville, NC
    Quote:Oh my, I'll have to show that to my hubby. He'll love it. Can;t find a price for it anywhere?

5. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

The hybrid is great, but the Venture One is really intriguing. It's basically an enclosed trike. Probably has to be registered as a motorcycle here in MA - I wonder if you'd need a motorcycle license to drive it here (I have one).

6. bethaldridge

bethaldridge Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2008
    A friend of mine and I have SERIOUSLY considered buying horses and buggies. It's rediculous the price of gas. She has enough acreage to grow hay and a big enough barn to house it all. I wouldn't at all mind driving a horse and buggy to town to get groceries. Seems logical to me.

Have you ever noticed how things go out of fashion and then come back. I think increased commuter train travel is on the horizon. There's a train that goes right past my house, they would be smart to charge people to ride and then allow them to take the train to their destination. It would drop my DH off right in front of his work.

7. KellyGwen

KellyGwen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    Lake Luzerne, NY
    We have MANY Amish in our town and I KNOW they are laughing at us with our PU trucks and SUVs... I would LOVE to have a horse and buggy... I just need to convince my neighbor to lend me some pasture!! [​IMG]

8. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Way to ingenius for GM or Ford to come up with something that conservative.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by