A look out the back porch. A typical day.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Guinea Goonie, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Decided to take a pic of a typical sunday here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2008
  2. tfpets

tfpets Mmm, tastes like chicken

Nice view, that looks so relaxing! (Except I happen to know the animals mean work!) Enjoy!
    Tina/tfpets

3. laughingllama75

laughingllama75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    NH
    my, what Llovely Llamas you have.......... [​IMG]
    It looks typical of my place too, except this time of year we have snow. [​IMG]
    thanks for sharing,

4. mybelle5

mybelle5 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 19, 2008
    Memphis TN
    Lovely and so relaxing.. I think he is going to give us a big wet one! [​IMG]

5. sunbury chick

sunbury chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    Sunbury,Ohio
    Oh how I wish I had a big farm. A few horses,a cow or two, a pot bellied pig,lots of dogs and cats,more chickens.I would be in heaven....I guess I'm never going to be able to do that though.I guess I'd better be happy with what I have....[​IMG]

6. A.J.'s

A.J.'s Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2008
    Tennessee
    We have our "dream" 20 acres and a television set.
    What it ammounts to for me.. I go to the front window to see what the day has offered up for me and there sits "cyclone", the siamese cat I found abandoned on the state hwy when she was a kitten. She is waiting and bawling for food.
    I turn and head for the back door to see if anything is different there and what do I see, and hear? "Bowtie", a black cat with white bowtie watching to see if Im going to get up today. I hear the Roosters yelling as loud as they can and they know well that that noise will get me moving soon to feed them and shut them up.
    Walking by the fish tank, the dozen or so comets I have there all flush toward me and to the top of the tank thinking I will walk on by if they dont make a commotion and get my attention.
    Dawg jumps up on the back porch and tries to boot Bowtie off to get in line for her share of the food and then..that bed room door opens and I hear a coarse.. ruff whine from an old man Ive had around for 45 years..... "got any of that sausage left ????

feed me feed me is all i hear......

7. ladyrua

ladyrua Out Of The Brooder

Jun 9, 2008
    >>feed me feed me is all i hear......

I feel like this too - between the animals and the husband, it's all food!

Also, after my first full year of having rabbits and chickens in addition to the cats and dog, that a good portion of my life revolves around poo. Disposal of poo is a daily task. *this* I was not told before starting the homesteading lifestyle!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by