A lot of dogs! *Told to move to a different section of the forum!*

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Whitewinterwolf, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whitewinterwolf

Whitewinterwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Last edited: May 29, 2011
  2. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    WOW. Thanks so much for taking on this huge responsibility and finding these great dogs homes. I'd love sighthounds myself, but will have to wait to own one. There are a ton of whippet and sighthound rescues out there that might be worth doing a Google search for. Some will even cover shipping to have cases like this sent to them. They may be able to help you out quite a bit. Whippets are lovely dogs, and racing muzzles are readily available and affordable for the breed. Racing muzzles are lightweight, and allow the dog to still eat, pant, and drink, just not get a good bite in. A good tool to have if you are interested in taking in a whippet, but have small animals of any kind.

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I am in Mass too... i'll ask around here if anyone is interested.
    I would take one..but i have 2 large breed dogs already...
    Good luck!

4. Whitewinterwolf

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Quote:I understand that there are a bunch of rescue groups, however there only condition for me taking these dogs was that they not go to rescue. No idea why but I do want to stay true to my word.
    Thank you for your support and advice though, it is much appreciated!

5. Whitewinterwolf

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Quote:Thank you very much! Even if you cant take one, if you know anyone that would be awesome!

6. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Oops, skimmed over that part. Oddness! But, best of luck. [​IMG]

7. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Wish you were closer, I love Whippets. I have had a Greyhound, Italian Greyhound but never a Whippet. They are great dogs!

8. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:OOOhh..maybe we can make some sort of "dog train" to get one down to you?? [​IMG]

9. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:OOOhh..maybe we can make some sort of "dog train" to get one down to you?? [​IMG]

Then I would have to ride that train, along with all the animals back to you and move in....... Hubby would SHOOT me [​IMG]

10. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA

Then I would have to ride that train, along with all the animals back to you and move in....... Hubby would SHOOT me [​IMG]

[​IMG] Well..maybe not a good idea then..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by