A Lucky Little Chick

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Pinky, May 9, 2011.

1. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    On Sunday one of my roosters flew out in my front yard and got attacked by the neighbor's dog. I thought he was dead since there was alot of feathers and no sign of him or the dog for about two hours. Right before dark I gave my chickens a treat and heard the rooster on the other side of our fence in the back yard. he was missing many feathers but not bloody. Well when I went back to the fence to get the rooster, I see a big pile of brown feathers from one of my game hens. Next to it was a dead chick, and I heard another one hiding in the bushes somewhere. So I climbed the fence and found the chick laying out in the open. It was still wet so I guess he hatched not too long before I found him.
    I have four broody hens and not one would take it so I took it in the house. It kept me up most of the night but now she is doing great. Today it is eating and drinking fine. I'll get some pictures of it tomorrow.

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Wow! So lucky you found it!

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    What a story!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by