a mama chickens worst night mare!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by megan chickens, Feb 12, 2017.

1. megan chickens

megan chickens Out Of The Brooder

Feb 3, 2017
    So i woke up this morning looked at my Mini eco Brinsea incubator to see its not blinking. (Keep in mind i have had this bator for 3 or 4 years. It has been amazing and worked non stop for months. I clean it out after each hatching. When the dot does not flash that means the temp is low or warming up). So i looked at the temp and its at 70!!! My 2 chicks that where drying off where so cold they where not moving, and my 2 eggs where cold!! I put the 2 chicks with the other chicks that where cuddled in a blanket. They are ok but my eggs are most likely dead they where going to hatch in a week![​IMG] I turned the bator off and back on it started warming back up. So i put my chicks back in, but when you tluch the plug in from the wall to the bator it will turn off and back on. Its so touchy. I'm keeping my eye on it while my chicks dry off they hatched last night. Does anyone know why it did this? It almost killed a few hour old chicks. [​IMG]

2. I Love Layers

I Love Layers Overrun With Chickens

Apr 25, 2015
    Middle of Nowhere
    I am not good with electrical stuff but do you have something else for the eggs that haven't hatched? I've had eggs be rained on and not say on for 18 hours they all hatched but one.

I have had relatives who had a broody hen die on a clutch. There Grandma said to put it in a I've cream pail with wood chips on the top of a plugged in old stand up freezer or fridge. The heat from the freezer, since them old ones can literally heat a house[​IMG], kept the eggs warm enough. I think 4 of the 5 hatched.

3. megan chickens

megan chickens Out Of The Brooder

Feb 3, 2017
    wow! Thats crazy. I candled my 2 eggs and one died a while ago the other one is still kicke'n like chicken.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by