A mare on Facebook could use a few votes, if you got a minute, please?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by onthespot, Feb 26, 2013.

1. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    If you have a minute, my friend is trying to win a breeding to a GORGEOUS fresian stallion, Teake van de Noordhof. Go to his page on FB, and click Like. http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#!/TeakevandeNoordhof

Then go to the mares contest album, click through the different mares trying to win, and Like Kenos Pink Champagne. She will be forever grateful to all the stranges that helped her win if she can make it! I will post the results here to let you know if we helped to tip her over the top! Get to Like'n and Click'n and stuff! Pronto! LOL

Here is the mare, so you can recognize which one to "Like"
    THANKS everyone!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  2. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Oh wow, well I hope she wins. I wonder what his color genetics are (I'm thinking of the baby's color, buckskin, smoky black...hmmm) Don't have facebook or else I would vote!

3. heartbreakdiet

heartbreakdiet Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2013
    North Stonington, CT
    I voted! Best of luck to her!

4. Overoberyl

Overoberyl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2012
    Florida
    Just voted! Looks like she is in third place!

5. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Uh oh, I just looked. We need about a hundred more votes!!! Tell your friends!!! Yikes! [​IMG] Let's get Keno's Pink Champagne a FRESIAN cross baby!!!! Woot!

6. rbaker0345

rbaker0345 Big Mamma Brahma

Cremello is a dilution of Palomino, that would definitely be some crazy punnet square to figure it out.

Pretty mare, nice laid back shoulder, strong hind quarters, feminine head, little ears. She would actually be a nice cross with a fresian. I normally don't agree with breeding light horses to those big heavy things, but I thing she would offer refinement to a fresian where fresians are generally lacking it and a fresian would add some length of neck and maybe a shorter coupling to her.

I will forward your message to my friends who are on facebook.

7. rbaker0345

rbaker0345 Big Mamma Brahma

Fresian Warmbloods are pretty popular right now. I'm not sure why, they are not practical dressage horses, but they do fetch a pretty good price.
    The choice to breed or not to breed your mare is a personal choice. Telling the mare doesn't have any glaring conformational issues, so there is no reason (unless she were to have something you can't see from the picture, i.e. navicular or blindness etc.) that anyone can tell her owner to not breed her. That's their choice.

It is true that there are already a ton of half draft horses for adoption out there thanks to the PMU industry, but if you have a mare that you love and who has some really great qualities that you would like to carry on, and you have a particular type that you are trying to achieve with a particular stallion, nobody can tell you not to breed your mare. Its a judgement call.

8. Overoberyl

Overoberyl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2012
    Florida
    The OP asked for help with a contest. If you don't agree, don't participate, it's that simple. Don't clutter the thread with your personal opinions of the right & wrong, no one asked and frankly, it's tedious. Either help the girl get some votes, or move on to another thread. We don't need the lectures.

9. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Rbaker--very interesting, my mom always said that the Egyptian Arabs had a tendency for foal refusal. She bred some beautiful Arabs, I always play around with German Riding Pony stallions for the one remaining mare, but alas, it's just a silly daydream.

I actually have some experience working with Friesians. Crossing them is a good idea as they have many genetic issues due to the fact at one time the registry only had three stallions; so everyone is related.

10. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I think this says it all. If this is not your cuppa tea, move along.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by