1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A messed up toe, niacin deficient ducks and lupus test

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by bt03, Jun 9, 2011.

1. bt03

bt03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Over the rainbow...
    So I went to my rheumatologist yesterday and again something in my blood is just wrong. So he ordered a lupus test (they are going to call later with the results) and he is sending me to a urologist because I have to much blood in my urine (all 6 tests at various times). I come from a relatively healthy family so I'm kind of bummed about having to do all of this. [​IMG] When I got home yesterday from the doctor I started cleaning my house so that my niece and nephews can come and wreck it with my daughter next week and I noticed that one of my ducklings is starting to walk like a cowboy [​IMG] I did a face-palm and put niacin in the water for him/her and hope it gets better soon. One of my pretty roosters has been trying to mount my big duck and he scared her in to flying a bit yesterday so he is going to freezer camp this weekend [​IMG] My cat is shedding as if he is going to be a hairless cat next week [​IMG] I burned supper a little bit but it was still yummy. The best part of yesterday? I ripped my nail half off my big toe! OUCH! It was really dumb on my part and wont ever happen again. As soon as I did it I fell to the ground and grabbed my foot and started doing a "Peter Griffin" I grabbed my leg and started the sssssssst, aaaahhhhh, ssssstttt, aaaaahhhh thing for a couple of minutes. Then I realized what I was doing and I laughed like a crazy person for about 5 minutes. Even after a crazy day like that my husband asked how I could still smile when we got in bed last night and my answer? Because I love my silly life and all the crazy things that happen to make it a bit more interesting [​IMG]

2. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    Do you have to get rid of the rooster? I see the duck as more of the "problem" than the rooster. You could also somehow split them up if that is a possibility, but I am not there so I don't know how it is going on but it sounds like freezer camp is the only way to go.

I had to take a brush to my cat 2 times a day every day and I have been doing that for a week now and I don't think she is anywhere near done with her shedding. Every time I brush her I go into a water eyes sneezing fit.

3. bt03

Mar 1, 2011
    Over the rainbow...
    I wish i didn't have to get rid of the rooster but he is being way to rough with the hens as well and going after the duck was the last straw. We have 2 others going to camp with him and that will leave us 3 roosters and 20 hens. I wish we could keep them all but he is the only one going after the ducks. They had to move in with the chickens until we can get the bobcat problem solved.

The cat just won't stop losing hair!!! I think he is going to be bald by next week. He has shed before but it has never been this hot since he has been alive so I'm guessing it's the added heat that is doing it to him but ewww!

4. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    So glad you can keep your sense of humor! I really think that 's what gets us through some times. Hope that toe heals fast too. You never know how much you use a toe until it's hurt and you have to feel it throb all day. You need some [​IMG] and of course, adult beverages will take the edge off.

5. bt03

Mar 1, 2011
    Over the rainbow...
    Quote:I told my husband I know I'm alive because I can feel my pulse in my toe now! [​IMG] Who knew toes werent just for decoration but actually very important parts of the body [​IMG] And I like the way you think [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by