A milestone + send good egg vibes my way.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Uzuri, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Uzuri

Uzuri Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    Can you believe that we actually resisted eating our first eggs until we had a dozen? Bacon, eggs, and hotcakes will be dinner tonight!

[​IMG]

From what I can tell, these are all from Miss Bossy Beak -- I've only seen her in the box up until now (well, except Rooster sleeps in there, the dunce), she's clearly the most mature, and I've not had two eggs in one day yet. BUT! I just went out to water my mushroom logs, and noticed a bit of a ruckus. Going over to the henhouse, I could tell that somebody was in the nesting box making a heck of a racket, and looking down told me that Miss Bossy Beak was currently trying to get as close to my feet as possible (as always). So SOMEBODY is either doing some serious practicing or egg #13 is coming down the pipe [​IMG] Either is great!

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] Congrats!!! [​IMG] Enjoy your delicious dinner. [​IMG]

3. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    Enjoy!

4. mendygnl

mendygnl Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2009
    Glidden, IA
    I like your name "Bossy Beak". [​IMG]

5. Uzuri

Mar 25, 2009
    Quote:Believe it or not, that didn't start out as a name, it was more of statement of fact [​IMG] She's the only one with a name. I hadn't intended to name any of them (the old "don't name anything that might end up on your plate" thing), but that kinda stuck. So I guess my new motto is: only name the ones who earn it.

6. Uzuri

Mar 25, 2009
    And a delicious dinner it was XD All 12 eggs were good, and the second from the right on the bottom was a double yolk [​IMG] Nice hard shells on every one of them, too.

7. mendygnl

mendygnl Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2009
    Glidden, IA
    Wow!! A double-yolker from a first timer is great!! She must be the 1st one with her beak in the feed.

8. Uzuri

Mar 25, 2009
    Quote:Like you wouldn't believe XD

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by