A miracle!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by veronicasmom, Mar 6, 2012.

1. veronicasmom

veronicasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2009
    Well, not a true miracle, but wow. The new ducks, Valora and Vada, WALKED TOWARDS ME tonight instead of running from me in terror when I went into the stall this afternoon. It was amazing. Never had a duck do that before, they usually run from me as if I am carrying a hatchet! It was pretty cool. I am going to spend some time with them on Thurs and see if I can make friends with them. It would be nice to have at least a couple of ducks that don't see me as something to be petrified of.[​IMG]

2. Senna95

Senna95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2010
    Woodland
    I know what you mean! And it seems like when you get one or 2 to do it, the rest will follow. For the first time I have an entire group of ducks eating out of my hand (literally), and I've had ducks for years!

3. Ilovemyduckies

Ilovemyduckies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2012
    Yeah, I think ducks are easier to "tame" then chickens. I've got some pekin duck were terrified of me when I first got them (except the male who would follow me around IF I had one of his girls). I got them as adults, they had had no contact with humans whatsoever. Now they still do not like me holding them, but they are a lot less afraid. In fact, (my ducks do not have everyday access to their pond, so I just fill it up when its warm enough but still pretty often) I have to sit there and watch them while they are swimming or else they will follow me to where ever I go. Yeah, my ducks have come a long way since I got them. :D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by