A moment in time.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Lothiriel, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    I'm sitting on the deck eating my cold chocolate pudding with rice crispies in it. It's about quarter to 9. Everything is so quiet and peaceful. Somewhere a cricket is chirping - I haven't heard a lot of them lately. Robins and other birds are singing their evening songs, and the hummingbird comes around for a quick sip of sugar water before buzzing off. I can hear the chicken feeder squeaking and creaking... One of my birds (most likely a Dellie) is helping herself to a bedtime snack. The daylilies are half-closed. Their day of glory and blazing sushine is over now. But the petunias and marigolds glow with leftover sunbeams they captured for a moment such as this.

My pudding's gone. And there's a gnat crawling on my arm. But the hard things of life are worth it for a moment like this!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  2. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thank you!
    It is sometimes hard to find beauty in the simple things in this fast paced world we live in. I am sitting near our grill while DH is making ribs, the sweet smokey aroma fills the air and keeps the bugs at bay. Meanwhile, the chickens ready themselves for bed as the caddydids ready themselves for morning. Soon the song birds will fly overhead to find their nest and sing their last song of the day and the bats will wake to a bountiful breakfast. What a world it is indeed!

3. Forrest_Flock

Forrest_Flock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Well said
    It has been a while since I had a quiet night at home like that
    [​IMG]

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    So calming.

5. RSFChicks