A mysterious meowing woke me up this morning...

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by jettgirl24, Dec 11, 2010.

1. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    First I thought my cat had gotten out when my boyfriend left for his snowboarding trip this morning but I rollover and she's on the bed with me... So I figure it's one of the many feral kittens running around my neighborhood. I get up, put my contacts in, and go outside to see what all the commotion is... I look up and there's a cockatoo in my front tree!!! And he's meowing! [​IMG]

Of course I had to try and get him down because I don't think they do very well in the cold... I don't know much about Cockatoos but I had a Cockateil so I figure they're very similar being cousins and all. I grabbed a bowl of layer pellets and a plate of lettuce... Not sure how tempting that is but it's all I've got. All of the sudden he starts making a giant racket then flies over my house to the street behind us. I heard someone calling him so his owners are clearly on the hunt for him but if he comes back I'll definitely try to get him, poor little guy must be freeeezing!

So much for sleeping in today!

2. BeccaB00

BeccaB00 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Kansas
    haha! Cockatoos, and any parrot in that matter wont do well in freezing weather. Hope he gets home safetly~

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by