A New Baby! *added pics*

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by countyroad1330, Dec 6, 2007.

1. countyroad1330

countyroad1330 Thunder Snow 2009!

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    Not that anyone cares, but I'm so excited, I have to share! One of my new heifers had her calf tonight. We'd been waiting for almost a month, thinking she was going to have it. I had a dream during that time that it was going to be a solid black bulf calf, and it is! So ironic *haha* I will put pictures up when I get a chance. Its hard to see black cows in the dark. *ha*

Here he is:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

His momma is sweet, she didn't mind us being around too much. The calf seems to like me, he wanted me to pet him *haha* His 'sister' is 5 weeks older, she's already playing with him and helping keep him clean.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

New baby calves are always so cute. Our cows won't start calving until the end of february.

3. countyroad1330

countyroad1330 Thunder Snow 2009!

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    Ours won't calve til March and April, but this was one we recently bought from someone else. The other heifer that came with it had a black calf with a bright white spot on her forehead and the tip of her tail. I call her the postcard calf *ha*

4. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    awww all babies are cute - cant wait to see the pictures

Julie

5. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    I cant wait till you post pic. I love baby calfs. [​IMG]

6. lyndatu

lyndatu Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Congratulations! [​IMG]

Healthy calf he is. Cute too! [​IMG]

7. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    I would be eating so many sprouts and so much tofu if I had that cute little cow, no way could I eat beef again! Darlene

8. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    I want one !!!! think DH will notice ?? I could sneak him in the yard with the dogs LOL
    He is so cute love thesweet little face

Julie

9. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

What a cutie!! Congrats!! Ohhhh no, now I want some....black ones, white ones, brown ones...shaggy ones!!! Ohhh no!!! I GOTTA HAVE EM!! LOL
    ok, well...maybe not..I know nothing about cows...YET!!

10. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    We have to get our fence work done. I want some cows so bad. We were going to get some bottle calves. I'm not so sure now. We will probably get a little steer that my son can show.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by