a new egg camera?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tomdeggeater, Mar 10, 2008.

1. tomdeggeater

tomdeggeater Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Rocky Hill, CT.
  2. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Very cool, I'll keep checking back to see when they start to hatch!

3. tomdeggeater

Sep 20, 2007
    Rocky Hill, CT.
    Hi Kanchii, I saw one of these from a university somewhere before. When they pippin' out of the shell was cool, and then the chicks were hoppin' around for a couple of days. but then, the staff moved them to another area.
    Right after that my confuser crashed, and it took 3 days to get back on line. Of course, I had lost all of my bookmarks, and didn't realize until later that I didn't re-list BYC!
    But, I see by your profile that you have chickens, so this must be old hat to you. I've never seen a chicken hatch, even though my grandfather had them when I was over his farm as a squirt.
    Being up here in CT. timing is crucial, because of the cold weather. I might have to start off with older laying hens, let them brood in the spring. then the chicks would have a chance to get acclimated before winter.
    I would be raising the birds for eggs, but I can bet some of my nieces & nephews would make pets out of them!
    For now, just a winter daydream, along with getting my 40 y.o. Triumph M/C on the road.
    thanks for writing, call again soon! Tom:)

4. twigg

twigg Cooped up

Mar 2, 2008
    Tulsa
    Cute.

You just missed ours [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  5. twosisters

twosisters Out Of The Brooder

Feb 14, 2008
    Louisiana
    I think that is cool. I watched an eagle cam one time. It was neat the see how the eagle took care of their eggs and see the babies hatch. I will be checking in on them and hope to see some hatch.

6. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    [​IMG] I can just see myself glued to the screen for 2 days waiting for them to hatch! I need my eggs to come now!!

7. tomdeggeater

Sep 20, 2007
    Rocky Hill, CT.
    CG, I think 2 days is an estimate. I think they are candling them to be sure/guess. I'm sure you could find time to eat & sleep & feed your own chhickens.
    Try to keep it together, hah?
    hehe, Tom:D

8. twosisters

twosisters Out Of The Brooder

Feb 14, 2008
    Louisiana
    One of the eggs is pipped.

9. tomdeggeater

Sep 20, 2007
    Rocky Hill, CT.
    The one in the front with what looks like a crack in the shape of a smile?[​IMG]

10. tomdeggeater

Sep 20, 2007
    Rocky Hill, CT.
    They rotated the tray. That little chick wants out!!:eek:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by