A New Grandmother!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by theprimouomo, Apr 19, 2011.

1. theprimouomo

theprimouomo Out Of The Brooder

Jul 31, 2010
    Yaaaay Today Em A Grandmother Sooo Happy And Proud And Had Shed A Tear!!
    But This Morning Was A Horriable Day :'( One Chick Died!!! But On The Bright Side 3 Chicks Hatched
    But Should I Teach Them How To Eat Thier Feed But Their Mother With Them Will She Do Her Job?
    Pics Will Be Posted Later![​IMG]

2. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    yep momma hen will do her job [​IMG] And Congratulations on being a GRANDMA!!!! [​IMG]

3. theprimouomo

Jul 31, 2010
    THANK YOU ....scratch 3 there are 6 chicks anyways 7 eggs hatched from 10 eggs but mama hen still brooding ?? and chicks are still sleeping when is she going to stop brooding and teach her kids how to eat and drink?

4. Ms.Frizzle

Ms.Frizzle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Wisconsin
    Remember, the chicks stay under the hen for a couple days before they are ready to go out in the world. If the other eggs are duds, I'd remove those (if you KNOW their duds). I had one hen so dedicated to becoming a mother, that she sat on a clutch of eggs for the full 21 days, and then for an additional 8+ days since there had been a sneaky hen that we didn't realize was laying in her nest. Great mom, I had to remove her duds because otherwise she would have kept sitting on them.

5. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    congrats on the babies. Now let mama do her job and leave them alone. she knows what she is doing. [​IMG]

6. theprimouomo

Jul 31, 2010
    Thanx Ya'all :d......when Do The Chickes And Mama Go Out For A Free Range!!!!??

7. theprimouomo

Jul 31, 2010
    Thanx Ya'all :d......when Do The Chickes And Mama Go Out For A Free Range!!!!??

8. theprimouomo

Jul 31, 2010
    Thank Ya'all.....anyways When Do Chickes And Mama Goo Out For A Free Range?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by