A new member

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by catimbe1, Apr 6, 2017.

1. catimbe1

catimbe1 New Egg

Nov 27, 2016
    Hello everyone I'm glad I found this page, thank you for accepting me here I love chickens too.

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

So glad you could join our community!!

Yes, we all love our birds here. Maybe a bit TOO much sometimes. It's all we ever talk about!! [​IMG]

Make yourself at home here and if you have any questions, feel free to ask us.

Welcome to our roost! :)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, catimbe1, and :welcome! Great to have you in our community! :weee

4. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

It's nice to have you join us! We not only talk chickens, we talk duck, turkey, quail, emu, pheasant, guinea...you get the picture, lol.

5. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Hello [​IMG] and Welcome to BYC!

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under catimbe1 [​IMG] Welcome!

Not only do we love and talk chickens, duck, turkey, quail, emu …. We do it on a global scale! [​IMG]

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  7. eddie boy

eddie boy New Egg

Apr 6, 2017
    Federalsburg
    Hey everyone I have five hens and one hen is being a bully to one hen I have her in a separate cage now is any other way

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] Are you sure your hens are really hens?? Sometimes roosters can fool you. How old are they? You can always post photos at "what breed or gender is this."

Is she attacking the other hen and drawing blood, plucking feathers or just keeping her from the food & water?

9. eddie boy

eddie boy New Egg

Apr 6, 2017
    Federalsburg
    They all lay eggs and she just pecks not drawing blood and chases them from around her food water and nesting boxes. Mostly just one. We got 3 originally and then recently added 2 and she's the only one giving them a hard time anymore but the other 2 of the 3 originals will follow her lead if they see her bullying

10. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    [​IMG][​IMG] Welcome to BYC!!! Glad you joined the flock! [​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by