1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

a new pb piggie mom and sooo nervous

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by bhazell123, Jul 10, 2011.

1. bhazell123

bhazell123 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Welsh La
    ok well i just got a new pb piggie who is 8 weeks old and is totally shy but not to badly i guess considering hes in the house lol im looking for tips and any info anyone has like wat do they like for snacks or anything else i need to know please [​IMG]

2. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    Congrats! Would love to see pics. Our little boy is just a year old now. Unsalted, unbuttered popcorn is a terrific snack. Our little guy loves carrots and apples, lettuce We only feed him his piggy food twice a day, but he roams out back and eats weeds, the occasional chicken or duck egg that was laid on the ground and acorns.

3. bhazell123

bhazell123 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Welsh La
    Quote:o thanks a ton how do you get them to be more comfortable around you ? he seems to really like my dogs me not so much but we did just get him too how long before yours didt mind being petted ? and im thinking he was the runt because he was the smallest one poor little buddy

4. animalpro24

animalpro24 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Oregon
    Quote:o thanks a ton how do you get them to be more comfortable around you ? he seems to really like my dogs me not so much but we did just get him too how long before yours didt mind being petted ? and im thinking he was the runt because he was the smallest one poor little buddy

I would get him acquainted to treats , but the treats only come from you so now he nows that good things come from you.

5. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    Don't overdo with treats though. They can eat too much. My son would watch tv with him. Rub and scratch his belly, side, behind ears. Much like a dog. He loved and still loves it. My son wakes up every morning and rubs his side before he feeds him. It's a routine and Patrick learned what time of day my DS would come home from school and meet him at the back door.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by