A new run for our crew

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by W.CharltonChickens, Apr 26, 2009.

1. W.CharltonChickens

W.CharltonChickens Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2008
    West Charlton, NY
    Well, here's the fruits of todays labor. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I built the coop last summer. But, it didn't have a proper safe run. So, we built this today. Just needs some paint and new fencing.

[​IMG]
    This is another view of the coop with my youngest checking on the current occupants [​IMG]

In a month I need to build a larger coop for our current two chickens plus these six.
    [​IMG]
    At that point the ducks will take over this older coop and run.

Here are some visitors we had today. We hope that this is the same pair that nested at the pond last year. They had a clutch of four goslings last summer.
    [​IMG]

That's all for now [​IMG]

Todd

2. Suburban chick farmer 09

Suburban chick farmer 09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    St. Louis MO
    I really like the nave blue and white. I haven't picked a color for my coop yet, i'll keep that in mind.

3. sloallie10

sloallie10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    what kind of chickies?

what does the coop look like inside?

4. W.CharltonChickens

W.CharltonChickens Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2008
    West Charlton, NY
    The chicks are Red Sex linked and White Rocks (I hope [​IMG] ). The inside of the coop is nothing special really. We only have a silky roo and a welsummer hen in there right now. So, there's a perch and nest box for the hen. The roo just hangs out on the floor (as silkies do). And, food and water dishes of course [​IMG] Also, a heat lamp and daylight lamp hung in the ceiling for winter. The daylight lamp was on a timer during winter to provide 14hrs of light. Worked great. We get an average of 4 eggs/week from the one hen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by