A new run for the little girls...

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by dwegg, Oct 23, 2011.

1. dwegg

dwegg Chillin' With My Peeps

So I have decided to get into silkies and so far I have 10. Three that are 3 months old, one that is 2 months old, and six chicks 3 weeks old...I have the six chicks in the brooder and the four older silkies living with my 8 week old ameraucanas out in the grown out pen. Well we have 'renovated' the grow out pen and have turned it into the silkie pen. Here are some before and after shots...

As you can see the little coop is to the left and is totally covered with a little coop at the back and a sand floor 'run' at the front...it is 5x8 ft in total
    [​IMG]

so today we added onto the front of the coop/run with a fenced in, open top run that will keep the silkies separate from the big girls
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Very nice!! [​IMG]

3. real_redhead

real_redhead Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Roanoke, VA
    Very cute!!! Wish I had something as nice...maybe I can get hubby to work on something hum...

4. dwegg

Thanks...we worked quite hard all weekend...especially since we are both not very handy...but everything you see (both the big and little girl coops AND the time-out hospital in there) we built ourselves...with doors and gates with hinges and everything...

5. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    Nicely done there. They look very happy.

6. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    well it looks super. Are you putting a top on the fence over the run

7. wava1vaughn

wava1vaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2011
    Cairo Ga.
    Hi from Ga. [​IMG]

8. dwegg

Quote:yes i am trying to figure our how to put something over the top that will allow me to open it so i can get in and clean it ect....maybe something attatched to the fence so i can 'fold' it back?

9. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Looks like such a nice homey place for your chickens! They're really darling! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by