A new start for my chicken killer

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by ninny, Jul 9, 2010.

1. ninny

ninny Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    IL side of the QCA
    So my chicken killer juny is getting a new start. I was at my wits end with her. So i took her to the service dog group im part of for them to look at her. I took her through the classes we were having that day. She was awesome. I was wanting to donate her to the group but we don't have enough people. So I thought I would take her through the classes and have her trained as a therapy or service dog then placed. I can't afford the classes right now. I talked to my DH and decided to keep her since she has such a awesome temperment. We love this dog expect her taste for fresh chicken [​IMG]. Well the founder of our group call me to day. Her and our trainer were impressed with the way i handle my dog and with juny. They really want to use us in their programs!! [​IMG] [​IMG] They said its really hard for them to find good handlers so they want to do what they can to keep me!! So me and juny get to take the classes for free in exchange for help with fundraiseing. I was plaining on doing that anyway. I'm so excited:D Juny gets to be a therpay dog!!! The classes start next thursday. I can't wait. [​IMG]

Oh heres the group im with www.pawd.info

[​IMG] Heres my Lady Junnifer aka juny:love
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not bad for a puppy who got dumbed at the pound then shecdule to be put down only to be saved by different pound. Im glad we got her now. Any guesses as to what shes mixed with? Lab and what?

2. Riocotesei

Riocotesei Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2008
    N.Texas
    That's really great! What a privilege that you and your pup have! I wish you good luck to your training and fundraising!

I have a lab mix with a white spot on his chest like that and he is a border collie/lab mix maybe yours is too?

3. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jamie_Dog_Trainer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    Congratulations!!! That is an honor [​IMG] I love it when I see a good natural bond between owner and dog, and it always helps when the owner has some natural handling abilities as well [​IMG]

4. missy_cbell21

missy_cbell21 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2009
    maysville, nc
    We have a black pup with a white patch that looks just like that. His mom was a mastiff/lab mix and the dad was a collie. So cute!

5. Stina

Stina Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Allentown, PA
    Very cool! [​IMG]

The pics are pretty small and dark...so its hard to really see her....from what I can see she looks like she could be pure lab...white chest spots are fairly common and could be the reason she was originally dumped. Better pics would make it easier to guess though.

6. RiverOtter

RiverOtter Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2009
    Oxford, AR
    Hooray for you and Juny!!
    And I'm guessing she's at least 75% lab, though she could be full. It's a show DQ, but there are pure labs that have white chest spots or toes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by