a newbie b.y.chicken owner

ABlovinmychicks

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jan 4, 2015
I have been creaping the forum since last spring but today I decided to join up. Our "girls" came home this morning LOL
We built a big coop/run with free standing henhouse in our backside yard last summer & now to start the new year off right, I added some feathered family members.
We thought we were going to only get Ameraucunas but somehow this 1 Orpington or is she a Brahma? just had to come home too LOL they were all hatched between Aug & September 2014, so they are between 4-5mths old
Sunshine: (I love her odd ball color pattern, is this "normal"?) *thanks to a number of forum members for the info that she's probably a Brahma/Ameraucuna or Orpington Cross, I will share more pictures when she gets a bit older & we'll hopefully be able to tell better but I'll still love her unique color & personality no matter what she really is!

The 4 Ameraucunas snuggled up

Fluffy, she's obviously the youngest of our flock!

Cream

Speckles

Cream & Speckles

Luna is the black girl in front

Last edited:
Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

What a beautiful flock you have!! Very pretty.
love.gif

Make yourself at home here and if you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask.

Enjoy your babies and welcome to our flock!

Sunshine is not an orpington or brahma. She has feathered feet like a brahma but her legs are not yellow and her feathers are off. I'd call her an EE where the hen was probably a brahma.

Back
Top Bottom