A Newbie that needs help with a sickie!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by 3pulliamchicks, Dec 21, 2012.

1. 3pulliamchicks

3pulliamchicks New Egg

Sep 24, 2012
    Athens, GA
    I'm not sure what is wrong with my 4 month old RIR. The rest of the flock seems fine. The other afternoon when I cleaned out their coop she was just hanging out, so I thought... Today here in GA we are having a crazy wind storm & yesterday was a yucky rainy day! Today I noticed her again in the floor of the coop not holding herself up well. She just keeps falling over. I put her inside a box & brought her indoors in front of a heat vent where she has just done a face plant. Now, she's in my lap while I inquire about her. She seems to like being in my lap,but I'm afraid she is dying. Her eyes mostly stay closed. She doesn't want to take any water from a syringe. Any ideas? I got this last batch of chicks from a fall festival petting farm & have not wormed them because some were so very little while others were really large. I was told they were from the same batch. Weird? Something else I've noticed about her is her neck. She doesn't seem to have one now & has a pretty decent bump around the front part of her neck.

2. 3pulliamchicks

3pulliamchicks New Egg

Sep 24, 2012
    Athens, GA
    Anyone have any idea on what I can do?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by