a newbie

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by sylvastone, Apr 4, 2009.

1. sylvastone

sylvastone New Egg

Apr 4, 2009
    :)Hello. I'm new at this. I think this web page is an awesome idea. I have 6 chicks they are cute fuzzy and yellow. What breed they are i'm not sure. Hello to all. I hope to make friends and get help know my chicks. My family includes 3 children, 1 cat, 1 dog, and now 6 chicks. I found this website as a link from tractor supply.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN. Youll make alot of great friends here, and learn alot too.

3. Hello and [​IMG]

4. sylvastone

sylvastone New Egg

Apr 4, 2009
    I like your pic. My chicks are still yellow and fuzzy. I keep wanting to I guess annoy them by trying to interact with them. lol. I don't know if that's a good idea though. They've only been here for a night.

5. Thank you !
    hehe , they will get used to you interacting with them the more time you spend with them , they will adjust.
    I just love lil baby chicks ! [​IMG]

6. sylvastone

sylvastone New Egg

Apr 4, 2009
    :)Oh there fun. I've heard that I shouldn't keep the heating lamp on them at all times. That they won't sleep with it on. This is from my fiancee. Lol we both don't know much about chickens. My chicks were a spur of the moment thing. I blame it on me being a saggitarius (yes obviously I can't spell it). I did graduate though. [​IMG]

7. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    [​IMG]

8. lol , its ok i cant spell either at times .

Yup i know how that spur of the moment thing goes , been there myself a lot hehe

I keep the heat light on mine all the time to keep them warm. They will sleep. [​IMG]

9. sylvastone

sylvastone New Egg

Apr 4, 2009
    That's cool. My chicks were trying to fall asleep last night but another chick would either peep or run across the aspen bedding and wake them up. they'd be standing up one moment and the next there head would kind of go to the side and they'd try to sleep. It was a joy watching them.

10. Lil_Chickadee

Lil_Chickadee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2009
    WV
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by