A pair of Ring Teal for sale!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by cawooduck, Jan 4, 2010.

1. cawooduck

cawooduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Livermore, CA
    I have a pair of Ring teal for sale. These birds are 3 years old and are prime breeding age. They are fairly docile birds, they wont eat out of your hand, but love to have meal worms tossed to them which they eat very willingly!! They are small ducks so they dont need a large enclosure, just something big enough to be able to fly up to a perch and a swimming area. You will need a fully enclosed pen as these birds are full winged and are agile fliers.

The shipping and box charges are $40 and of course local pick-up is more than welcome, i live in the Bay Area of California.

Take care and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!!...............Jason
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  2. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    I just wanted to post that your teal are very beautiful. Someday, I am looking forward to some wild ducks and pheasants, have plans for the aviary but am not ready for birds yet. If I were, I would be trying to buy these guys!

3. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Wow! I never realized how pretty their eyes are.

4. cawooduck

Mar 21, 2009
    Livermore, CA
    Thank you very much Birch Run Farm and Green Family Farms!!

Ring teal are very neat little birds, and quite docile for "wild type" fowl. The neat thing about them is they dont moult either, they keep their plumage year round, just losing a few feathers at a time and replacing them as they go!! If you guys are ever interested in the future, let me know!!! Take care and have a great year!!!.............Jason

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  5. 3dogs

3dogs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2009
    southern CA
    Are state and/or federal permits needed to keep such ducks? They are so pretty!

6. cawooduck

Mar 21, 2009
    Livermore, CA
    Quote:A Federal permit is not required to keep Ring Teal as they are not native to the USA, they are native to Argentina. However, you may want to check with your state fish and game division to see if you need special permits for them, i know most states do not require a permit for them, like California for instance.

Take care!!...............Jason

7. 3dogs

3dogs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2009
    southern CA
    Thanks for the information on permits. I am also in CA, but don't yet have an aviary constructed - still working on getting ready for goslings to arrive in March.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by