A pair????? pic heavy...

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by Hoosiermomma, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Here are a few pics of my peachicks. They aren't the greatest so I don't know if anyone can tell...The one on the left if looking at them from the rear of them, has some green coloring by the neck. The other does not. The one on the left has longer tail feathers so far. Other than that they both have barring only the one on the right appears to be slightly lighter. I am thinking I have a pair but was hoping to have it confirmed. These are supposed to be Ib/bs.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    These are just two pics of them enjoying the view from our ent. ctr. They go perfectly with the decorations, but they are clearly getting to big for it. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2009
  2. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

LOL, I think you need some peachick diapers !!! [​IMG]

3. Hoosiermomma

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    They are just too cute. I don't want to put them out with the others yet. [​IMG] I may just have to look into that. I have a lavender cochin baby that will be staying the winter indoors so why not two peachicks too? LOL

4. Lady in Blue

Lady in Blue Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2009
    Near Muncie, Indiana
    I think they are two boys!! But the sure are cute on the bookcases with the pumpkins! Too much color for a BS female!!!

5. Phage

Phage Mad Scientist

Aug 1, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Quote:Exactly my thought!!!!!

6. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    They are both black shoulders. One boy one girl.

The "lighter" one is also already starting to show the typical streaking pattern of adult BS hens..

I love the first pic of them on the ent center! Perfect symmetry, same pose etc.. amazing pic!

7. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Yep, one of each, male is the darker one. Nice set of bookends !!!

8. Hoosiermomma

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Thanks guys for the input. That's what I thought. Their pictures (on the ent. ctr) reflect their personality. They are quite the characters hence the names Ozzie and Harriet. LOL [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by