a peep from an intact egg? could it be?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pinkyglory123, Aug 12, 2011.

1. pinkyglory123

pinkyglory123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2010
    [​IMG] My chicks under my broody are due any day. When I lifted her to check, is it possible that I heard a PEEP from an intact egg?![​IMG]

2. the1honeycomb

the1honeycomb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Yadkinville NC-3yrs
    Yes!! and if you watch it it may wiggle around!! [​IMG]
    Congratulations:celebrate

3. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

Yes, just before they hatch you can hear them talking to mom! [​IMG]

4. Roccomanchickens

Roccomanchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Carroll, IA
    Amazing, but YES! I am a first timer with hatching in an incubator and heard some really loud chirping when I had the tv on. I turned it off, and still heard it. Leaned over to the incubator, and sure enough, EGGS were chirping! I couldn't believe it, they were loud. So far I have 3 chicks, and one more almost hatched. Good luck, they are ready to be hatching as you type! [​IMG]

5. pinkyglory123

Jul 3, 2010
    [​IMG] I still can't be certain I heard it...but I was sure enough at the time that I checked under mom's wings, etc. I am so hoping we get chicks-mom is a proven broody on mailed eggs. I still can't believe I really heard it....

6. pinkyglory123

Jul 3, 2010
    OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!My Norweigan Jaergerhorns (I am too excited to look up the spelling!) are hatching! or at least one is. tiny little hole in the egg and peeping. It is amazing they have gotten this far. They arrived by mail exactly when expected. I was out of town. Told teenager put them under the hen she is too the left of the door in the coop. Well she did put them to the left of the door in the coop TWENTY FOUR HOURS LATER AND NOT UNDER THE HEN! That I did when I got home. So they spent forty eight hours betwen arrival and placement under the hen. See all the mishandling is not done by the post office.....I am so glad they are safe from me under broody and not where I can see them. I don't think I could stand watching them pick there way out of the egg-I would have to "help". Fingers crossed............

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by