A pic of my PBP Hilda!

That's funny how Myllie runs with the dogs. My two pot piglets are 3-4 months old now and live in the barn. Pip prefers to hang out with the older pigs and Piggle follows me around or hangs out with the barn dog. Neither one likes the chickens because the chickens chase them from their food bowls.
I think that if Piggle could climb the back stairs that she would move back into the house and leave Pip in the barn. Since I am outside 90% of the day I have been leaving them both in the barn. They have their own pen, but I don't close the gate so they come and go as they please.
One of my older guys, Louis, used to run up the drive anytime people would drive up. He would run right up to their car door. He was better than any watch dog because people were afraid to get out of their cars unless I was up there with him. I'm not sure why he used to do that. He is older now and slowing down and doesn't greet people anymore.

Piggle?? thats what I call 4 babies that we had born at the sanctuary... the Piggles!!! The have individual names but they seem to enjoy Piggles better.

Louis sounds perfect a greeter and a protector!

How many pigs do you have?

Piggles...because they were pigs and made me giggle...I guess...lol. I tried to rename Piggle, but nothing stuck so she is Piggle.
I have three old timer pots that were auction rescues at different times. Around here pots sell at auction for $1-$5 each. And most times they are destined for a BBQ.
Then a friend's pot had babies and a predator was carrying them off. They all ended up here and all were sold to pet homes except the two I was so attached to. Pip and Piggle.
I have them in the barn...and they run all over during the day. But, I'm rethinking keeping Piggle outside. She is a momma's girl and she will probably end up back inside. Pip won't miss her a bit as he hangs out with the bigger pigs.
Haviris, Sorry, I didn't mean to steal Hildas thread. Hilda sounds like a peoples piggy, like my Piggle.

yes sorry hilda, you are still the most precious pig ever! ( I am good at feeding into pig egos!!!
big_smile.png
)

It's not a problem, I love hearing about other pigs!

I don't think there's much you can say to bring Hilda down, she only hears what she wants to anyway!

Back
Top Bottom