A picture of Mrs. Cuddlesworth

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by goldeneggtees, Apr 26, 2009.

1. goldeneggtees

goldeneggtees Fluffy Butt Nut

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    OK, this is like the second time I've posted about this particular chick but I can't help myself! This has to be the world's friendliest chick. She lets us pick her up and proceeds to get cozy and comfortable and falls asleep. We can literally turn her upside down if we wanted. Here is a pic of her on my chest laying down with her feet and legs splayed out to the side. She cracks us all up. We have 7 others and none of them are as cute and all around as friendly as her. She is very pretty and has the nicest feathers and tail of all of them. Oh, and one more thing, she seems to be best at catching bugs. I would love to let her have babies when she is old enough. Do you think I'm playing favorites? [​IMG]'[​IMG]

2. ~*Sweet Cheeks*~

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Olympia Washington
    WOW!! That is one relaxed chicken.

3. chwoey

chwoey Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Haha, why yes. You are playing favourites.
    BUT WHO DOESN'T?
    [​IMG]
    She is adorable!!
    How old is the cutie?

4. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    Favorites? Nah!!!!!!! [​IMG]

5. goldeneggtees

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    Mrs. Cuddlesworth is about 4 weeks old now, maybe 5. I can't keep count :–)

6. sandyj

sandyj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2008
    St.Paul, Minnesota
    Is that a Buff Orpington? I have one the same age and she acts the same way. I put my hand in their cage, all the others run, but she comes and hops right onto my hand. She is sooo sweet![​IMG] How can you not play favorites when you know SHE is playing favorites????
    sandyj

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  7. goldeneggtees

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    Yep, you guessed it, she is a buff orpington. You are soo right, she is playing favorites. I have a great deal of affection for her. That's so funny that you have one too that acts the same. I can't imagine why the others aren't like her. I have to admit that I will worry for her when she is older, she is so trusting. However, when they were all out this morning having a little jaunt in the yard, my dog barked and she hid in the grass and was the only one who wasn't visible out of the bunch. Perhaps she is just smarter than the rest?[​IMG]

8. sandyj

sandyj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2008
    St.Paul, Minnesota
    Good luck with her. Are all your others buff too? I have 6 different kinds. They seem to all have there own personality.
    sandyj

9. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    i have one like that too...and talks up a blue streak, tells me all about her day...

10. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Quote:I had one like that, but as she grew into hen-dom she became more skittish, now she's just like the others.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by