A pigeons death{ My last ever post}

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by 210175, Oct 27, 2013.

1. 210175

210175 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2013
    Hello everyone, Today has possibly been then worst day of my life because my pigeon came to his last breath, This morning I went outside to check on the pigeons and I noticed I was missing one of my 2 month old pigeon. I looked everywhere for him and could not find him. The I looked under the side of a shelf and I seen some tail feather sticking out, I looked on the side and saw he had fallen from the shelf and got stuck on the side of the shelf between the shelf and the wall, he looked to be seconds from death so I pulled him out and he died in my arms, so I buried him. I cried to much that my heart started to hurt and I feel I should not be a pigeon owner any more, I have gone through so much pain in my life but nothing compared to this.

I will lastly say an thank you to all who have helped me through my pigeon years.

I know some of you are thinking what a big baby, you just lost one pigeon, but even though you may think that, the pigeon was my heart and when he was dying you cant imagine what pain I was feeling.

he lived from 14th August 2013 to 28th October 2013

thankyou all

2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

He surely knew he was loved. Rest in peace little pigeon.

I am sorry for your loss.

1 person likes this.
  3. 210175

Feb 1, 2013
    Thankyou so much, He was a amazing pigeon. I will always give them all the care I can

4. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Overrun With Chickens

Apr 13, 2011
    Fox Valley, IL
    My Coop
    I'm sorry to hear that. I know you will love and treasure the other pigeons, and they will thrive in your care.

5. 210175

Feb 1, 2013
    Thankyou, I love this sight because of so many kind hearted people, God bless you

6. Hokum Coco

Hokum Coco Overrun With Chickens

Dec 6, 2012
    New Brunswick,Canada
    Any time you love something you open yourself up to heartache. I am sorry for your loss and you are bound to beat yourself up about it.

There was no way you could have foreseen this tragedy. It would be the same pain if it would he had been killed by a car, cat or just failed to come home for no apparent reason.

Most all pigeon fanciers can identify with your pain. In 2011 I decided to get back into homing pigeons I suffocated one of my first birds while changing her band. Something that totally could have been avoided if I had waited another hour for my grand daughter to arrive from school.

Your life became richer by caring for the little guy for close to three months. You became a better person doing so. Nothing can replace the void in your life at this moment.

I could feel your excitement when your birds began nesting hatching and raising this little guy just through your post.

Accidents happen; lessons are learned; given time your heart ache will be replaced with fond memories.

Tomorrow is another day 2010175.

Do not give up!

Your kindness is needed in this world and meant to be shared.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
    2 people like this.
  7. 210175

Feb 1, 2013
    Thanks for what you have said, today I am surly feeing better, and likely I still have 5 pigeons squabs from two amazing parents, because 3 days ago my pigeon eggs hatched again, and the baby's are so cute and healthy.

I will keep the pigeons and will continue to love and take care of them, and will keep you updated,

I was just so sad yesterday, but in his memory I will continue caring for pigeons

1 person likes this.
  8. Hokum Coco

Hokum Coco Overrun With Chickens

Dec 6, 2012
    New Brunswick,Canada
    That is good news buddy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by