A pigeons death{ My last ever post}

Chirping
6 Years
Feb 1, 2013
Hello everyone, Today has possibly been then worst day of my life because my pigeon came to his last breath, This morning I went outside to check on the pigeons and I noticed I was missing one of my 2 month old pigeon. I looked everywhere for him and could not find him. The I looked under the side of a shelf and I seen some tail feather sticking out, I looked on the side and saw he had fallen from the shelf and got stuck on the side of the shelf between the shelf and the wall, he looked to be seconds from death so I pulled him out and he died in my arms, so I buried him. I cried to much that my heart started to hurt and I feel I should not be a pigeon owner any more, I have gone through so much pain in my life but nothing compared to this.

I will lastly say an thank you to all who have helped me through my pigeon years.

I know some of you are thinking what a big baby, you just lost one pigeon, but even though you may think that, the pigeon was my heart and when he was dying you cant imagine what pain I was feeling.

he lived from 14th August 2013 to 28th October 2013

thankyou all

Thankyou so much, He was a amazing pigeon. I will always give them all the care I can

Thankyou, I love this sight because of so many kind hearted people, God bless you

Any time you love something you open yourself up to heartache. I am sorry for your loss and you are bound to beat yourself up about it.

There was no way you could have foreseen this tragedy. It would be the same pain if it would he had been killed by a car, cat or just failed to come home for no apparent reason.

Most all pigeon fanciers can identify with your pain. In 2011 I decided to get back into homing pigeons I suffocated one of my first birds while changing her band. Something that totally could have been avoided if I had waited another hour for my grand daughter to arrive from school.

Your life became richer by caring for the little guy for close to three months. You became a better person doing so. Nothing can replace the void in your life at this moment.

I could feel your excitement when your birds began nesting hatching and raising this little guy just through your post.

Accidents happen; lessons are learned; given time your heart ache will be replaced with fond memories.

Tomorrow is another day 2010175.

Do not give up!

Your kindness is needed in this world and meant to be shared.

Last edited:
Thanks for what you have said, today I am surly feeing better, and likely I still have 5 pigeons squabs from two amazing parents, because 3 days ago my pigeon eggs hatched again, and the baby's are so cute and healthy.

I will keep the pigeons and will continue to love and take care of them, and will keep you updated,

I was just so sad yesterday, but in his memory I will continue caring for pigeons

Back
Top Bottom