A Pip!!! A Pip!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lilstar, May 13, 2011.

1. lilstar

lilstar Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2011
    I only just locked down this morning. Right now its about exactly day 19, because I set on a saturday night right before bed. I was doing my before bed check on the temp to make sure all is well.. and there is a PIP!!! I am sooooo excited! *squeeeee* this is my first hatch (I'm sure it totally shows) and man, I swore I wouldn't believe that there were chicks in there until I saw a pip. I was sure I'd manage to mess up somehow. I've had a couple temp spikes (one this morning, arrgghh..) so maybe that accounts for the early bird. Good chance it'll be out by morning! WOW! Kids will be so stoked. Its going to be hard to sleep tonight because I'll constantly be wanting to shine a flashlight into the bator to see if its zippin! [​IMG]

2. Mrs.brown

Mrs.brown Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    In a coop
    [​IMG]

3. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Yay! [​IMG] That first pip is always the best. Good luck [​IMG]

4. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Congratulations. That is so exciting. I remember my 1st time. [​IMG] [​IMG] Don't forget pictures when they hatch. Please

5. lilstar

Apr 8, 2011
    2 more pips this morning! guess its more than just an early bird and a full on early hatch. woke up hearing peeping. Awwww what a sweet sound. no zipping yet but a piece of shell is now on the floor next to the egg [​IMG] And I've seen the little beak pushing through the little flap of membrane. the pip also extended a teeny bit further like its possibly the beginning of the zip [​IMG]

6. Chickiebabyfluff

Chickiebabyfluff Yappette in Training

Apr 13, 2011
    NorthEastern Ohio
    YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAY!! my first hatch too and i woke up this morning to my first pip!!!!!! day 20 for me!!! WOOT GRATZ Keep us posted!!!![​IMG]

7. bds613

bds613 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2010
    Texas
    Woo Hoo! [​IMG]

8. lilstar

Apr 8, 2011
    YAY! I have 3 chicks now. and 1 with a pip so hard to see (part of it is because its on a side of the egg that has some stuff stuck to it, right by the stuck stuff..not poop though, lol) you can barely tell its pipped. one that looks like its starting to zip, 2 with good strong pips, and 2 eggs with no action at all. Although, considering I wasn't expecting any action until saturday night-sundayish, I say those 2 non-pipped eggs are fully in the right to sit there and relax in their eggs for a while eh?

9. Chickiebabyfluff

Chickiebabyfluff Yappette in Training

Apr 13, 2011
    NorthEastern Ohio
    Quote:most def!!!!![​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by