A pip! -photo-

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickpeaz, Aug 6, 2009.

1. chickpeaz

chickpeaz Songster

May 26, 2009
    Central PA
    [​IMG]

...the first pip of this hatch. I have 12 in the 'bator, 3 definite duds, 3 probable duds -- not expecting more than 4 or 5 to hatch. These were very roughly handled by the post office. Still, that first pip is so exciting!

2. muddypuddles

muddypuddles Songster

May 19, 2009
    [​IMG]

3. mamahenny

mamahenny In the Brooder

Jun 28, 2009
    Gotta love the new babies! Before you know it you will be watching it hatch![​IMG]

4. 2txmedics

2txmedics Songster

Jul 5, 2009
    Manvel Texas
    Wooooo Hoooo! [​IMG] your HATCHING!!!! Welcome to this wonderful world...I started hatching last night, and still going. I also had a bad experience with the seller though, he didnt wrap my eggs correctly just in 1/2 of a paper towel...nothing more!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. chickpeaz

chickpeaz Songster

May 26, 2009
    Central PA
    2txmedics -- how's your hatch coming? I have one out and 4 more pipped. I love hatch day!

6. 2txmedics

2txmedics Songster

Jul 5, 2009
    Manvel Texas
    sorry I missed your post!!!! Im like in 4 different ones talking with others as we hatch...I had 5 as of an hr ago...Im getting ready to go check again...Buffs only hatching so far...I have yahoo messenger if you want to bump me...easier.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. 2txmedics

2txmedics Songster

Jul 5, 2009
    Manvel Texas
    Ok, my hatching is at 11 total hatched and healthy...one of those being a cuckoo maran, my first...the others havent even moved or zipped....the other 10 are buffs...but I have 2 buffs that have been zipping since yesterday...yesterday was my hatch date, and it started AUG 5 instead....I have two buffs that have been zipping now since yesterday...Im scared there shell will dry...Im wanting to know if I should help them, should I mositen the egg, if so how???? and how long do I give the rest of my 16 eggs to hatch???? today is 222 days...I'll post pics later.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: