1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A Pitbull & a Duck

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by token13, Nov 13, 2013.

1. token13

token13 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 12, 2013
    San Diego
    Hello! Just wanted to introduce you guys to my little guy Token, a Cayuga drake. He came into our lives on the most random day, we were spending our afternoon at a swap meet and saw a bird/fowl stand, checked it out, thought the ducklings were the cutest thing! Left the stand, my boyfriend knew i was gonna want one, sure enough I couldn't stop thinking of him the rest of the walk, he was the only black one in the group so he stood out to me. So we went back to get him![​IMG]We brought him home and introduced him to my bf's pitbull, Diesel; Diesel was too happy at first, wanted to play with him, pounce on him, sniff him but we taught him that Token was still a baby :)
    [​IMG]
    Now they are inseparable! Since Token is an only drake, Diesel is his buddy, he can't stand being away from him. You guys know how you can tell their different calls? Like when he's happy he has a little chirp sound and when he's scared or mad he loudly quacks kinda? Well as soon as Diesel walks into the room his chirp comes on, as soon as he walks out the quack comes out and Diesel comes running right back. It's adorable! He always takes care of Token, making sure he isn't alone, sharing his food, water, and even toys. They are the perfect pair[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]. It's always wonderful to hear about people's dogs getting along with their birds.

3. BrownEyedGal

BrownEyedGal Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2013
    Liverpool - UK
    Aw that is so sweet! Nice pics! :)

4. DUCKOBSESSED

DUCKOBSESSED Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2013
    Northern Wisconsin
    That is so cute! I love when dogs and ducks get along.

5. Luminide

Luminide Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2013
    Northeast Indiana
    That's incredibly cute. I love that your dog recognizes the 'come back!' quack too.

6. starbird

starbird Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2012
    They are so cute together! We have pit mix and four ducks. My ducks are not very nice to the dog.

7. token13

Nov 12, 2013
    San Diego
    Thank you guys!![​IMG] Yes, they both know each other too well now :)

8. denise91

denise91 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 25, 2013
    That is so adorable! This reminds me of my duck and cat. My drake fell in love with my cat and would follow her everywhere. He would run to her whenever he saw her and he would be so beside himself with happiness that he would tremble.

9. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Things may change when Token gets to sexual age, they can get an attitude that Diesel may not find to appealing. Just a warning.

10. token13

Nov 12, 2013
    San Diego
    That sounds just like these two :) Token gets happier when he sees Diesel than when he sees me :'( lol

&Thanks for the tip Miss Lydia.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by