A Poem.....for you.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by justusnak, Nov 12, 2007.

1. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

" You need to get some chickens, to make that farm a home"
    My mother said to me one day, " Now let them out to roam"
    I never could imagine, just where this path would lead.
    Not knowing what I needed, I joined the BYC.
    There I found a family, diverse in every way.
    So much warmth and knowledge, we laugh and cry each day.
    Someone has new hatchlings, someone lost a friend.
    We're there for one another, from begining to the end.
    Words can not express my thanks, to this forum family.
    So I send out blessings to everyone, in the BYC family.

2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Deb you are so amazing - you should also post in this thread the 'chicken midwife' one you posted earlier today.

So sweet!

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Thanks Arlee....as everyone knows, I have had a stressfull few weeks....Mother was in the hospital, I hit a dog and wrecked the truck...rescues lost in the mail. When I get stressed, I come here....and I get inspiration. I love to write...and sometimes it just comes to me in a flash. Right now, I am working on a book. Hmmmm...will have to see how THAT goes! LOL

4. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Awsome......I can barely write my name [​IMG] thanks for sharing.......times have been hard for you lately.......been keeping you in my prayers girl..... [​IMG]

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Thanks OkieChick....It seems to be working. I was able to "witness" a "laying of the hands" tonight. I was moved to tears. I was always skepticall, untill a few weeks ago, I was the reciepient of this myself. Now to witness it again. My life is changed, forever!!

6. joanm

joanm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2007
    Aw Deb, that is so sweet! [​IMG] I got chill bumps reading it!

7. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

AMEN..................AMEN .................. AMEN is all I can think of to say.....God is the GREAT I AM !

8. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    So sweet!
    It is so true that this site is blessed with so many nice people. What is that saying or proverb about the judging people by the company they keep? Well, if they have chickens in their backyard, they are good people, and if they are members of BYC, well, they're just the very best folk around!
    [​IMG]
    justusnak,
    "There is in every true woman's heart a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity; but which kindles up, and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity." ~Washington Irving, The Sketch Book, 1820

9. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    That is so pretty, thanks for sharing, BYC is a truly amazing forum. Thanks to each and everyone that makes it so.

10. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Mudhen....thats an awsome quote. THATS why I love this forum....so much wisdom and knowledge!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by