1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A poll for the women

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by CityGirlintheCountry, Sep 15, 2011.

1. With my hand

10 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. With my foot

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  3. Other (???!!!!)

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    So earlier today as I was sitting and pondering life while meditating on the toilet a question came to mind. The lady in the stall next to me finished her business and then flushed the toilet with her foot. I know many, many women who will push the lever with their foot rather than their hand. So the questions arose, how many of us do this and why? The next thing we are going to do is wash our hands. Why is the foot flush so prevalent?

Edited to add- This refers to public toilets. I am a staunch believer that whatever you choose to do at home is your own business!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Dang and here I thought you were gonna ask us if we were folders or scrunchers. [​IMG]

I voted other just to be different. Would you expect any less from me?

3. WooingWyandotte

WooingWyandotte Overrun With Chickens

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    [​IMG] The question is so hilarious I just laughed out loud! I flush with my hand, my mom flushes with her foot...all the time, then scrubs her hands at the sink...

4. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    If you vote "other" you have to explain your technique. [​IMG]

5. CrazyCatNChickenLady

CrazyCatNChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2010
    Berry Creek, Ca
    Are you talking about a public toilet?? If so, my foot!

6. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Well gritty, what do you use then! I just flush with my hand. Im gonna wash it anyway. But I also sit on the toilet, usually without lining it with tp unless its really nasty. Then I just hover over it and end up peeing on myself...

7. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

I USUALLY use my hand, but sometimes in a public restroom there will be a younger child taken into the stall with me, and while I hold them on my hip I'll flush with my foot. [​IMG]

Edited for spelling.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  8. hennyannie

hennyannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    I flush with my foot out in public, I also open the door with my paper towel or my elbow if posible.
    I just can't bring myself to touch the toilet at walmart if I can help it. Also I have seen people leave the
    restroom without washing so I try not to touch the door handle if one is present. (I know the rest of the store is prolly dirtier than the door to the bathroom!)

9. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:How about I only use public toilets that are self flushing? [​IMG]

Trust me the Gritty knows her limitations, one of which is that I have horrible balance issues. If I tried to flush a toilet with my foot I'd end up on my kester and they'd have to get the jaws of life to get me outta the stall.

10. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Perhaps a better question Miz CityGirl is what in the world were you doing spying on your bathroom neighbor? You only think she was flushing with her foot. Perhaps she was flushing with her hand and adjusting a wardrobe malfunction with her other hand, which would explain her foot being off the floor. I think.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by