A potted Rose by any other name...(pic)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by keeperofthehearth, Feb 4, 2009.

1. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

One tough girl! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I suspect that Rose has become an internal layer, poor girl. After her egg quality began going downhill she quit laying for about 1 mo. She quit eating, sat in a dark corner w/tail down so I put her in a dog crate w/heat lamp on her. This gave her a chance to have her sisters visit her yet allowed her some space so some of the more rowdy girls didn't overwhelm her during snack time etc. A week later she was still with us and had begun eating pretty well but she still seemed very weak and I noticed she had a really dried poopy butt. Brought her in and gave her a nice super warm soak. She loved it, though I think she was a bit worried that I was planning on eating her. [​IMG] Blow dried her off and kept her in for about 4hrs. then put her back out into the dog crate. Next day she asked to be let out when I went to give her snacks so I let her out and checked on her a few times during the day.
    Over the next few days she gained strength and today she's been running about eating and competing for snacks like her old self. I don't expect she's out of the woods yet esp. if she has become an internal layer but still . . . . . [​IMG] GO ROSE!!!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  2. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    I can't believe she is sitting so nicely in her bath. She must have truly loved it. Oh I hope she isn't laying internally [​IMG] - she looks so sweet

3. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    [​IMG] good job [​IMG]

4. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Good job and cute photo.

5. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

[​IMG] That is so stinkin' cute!!!

6. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    [​IMG] She does look like she about to be put on the stove! Poor baby, she doesn't look too worried though.

7. risurocket

risurocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2008
    Wisconsin
    That is too cute for words... Glad she is doing better! I hope she continues to improve. Good work!

8. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

We're having a warm up for the next 4-5 days! 30's&40's) [​IMG]
    Rose came out of the coop/run complex & is walking around in the sun and eating snow! Go Rose!! [​IMG]

9. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

4 Love of Baby Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Awww!!!! That's cute.

Also it got up to 65 degrees today. It's going to get to 67 degrees tommorrow. Are all of ya'll jealous of my warm tempertures? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by