A predator got into our coop the other night....

totribet

Songster
9 Years
Jul 24, 2011
Moriarty, NM
and slaughtered all my chicks. I have 2 left about 6 weeks old. One of them has something wrong with her leg now. She will put it down sometimes, but keeps it pulled up mostly. Any home remedy tricks that I can try?

totribet

Songster
9 Years
Jul 24, 2011
Moriarty, NM
It doesn't appear to be swollen or bleeding. I was out of town due to my best friend's 20 yr old daughter dying and I just got back.....let me see if I can get a picture of it.

totribet

Songster
9 Years
Jul 24, 2011
Moriarty, NM
Okay....I went out to take a picture and she is walking on it now. She limps occasionally, but seems mostly normal. Looks like it might turn out all right.

crayon

Songster
8 Years
Jun 7, 2011
Hillman Michigan
Just wanted to say I am sorry..... A hawk came down and got one of my babies the other day- I found the hawk in the baby coop (we taken the top off for the day- the first day ever!) Anyway- I feel your pain.

We did lose one to the dog when we first got chickens and we got another batch from a hatchery- it made everyone feel much better. So you may want to look at who has good stock right now. We got ours from Meyer Hatchery in Ohio- Honestly- I would just do a straight run, as ours were very mixed even tho we ordered sexed.

Sorry..... :-(

Top Bottom