1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A proud Missouri Man

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Biddieacres, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Biddieacres

Biddieacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    I just love my Papa who grew up on his family farm in Independence, Missouri. I grew up in New England but loved hearing stories of the farm and the good Ole days in Missouri. He was so proud of Missouri and just loved it there. He had an Aunt Ella who lived in the Ozarks too. My mom just went back to visit the old farm house. Some day I hope to go too.

I thougth I would share this photo because it is one of my favorites and I often wonder how much he sold those eggs for! I also get a kick out of the 3 digit phone number on the truck. Thanks for letting me share!

[​IMG]

2. chicken quartet

chicken quartet Out Of The Brooder

Jun 12, 2008
    Corona, CA
    Nice pic! Those old photos sure are neat!

3. Parson's Wife

Parson's Wife Blessed Abundantly

Jan 22, 2008
    Arkansas
    I love old photo's...and when you know the history...priceless.

4. Dandelion007

Dandelion007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2008
    Durant, OK
    It's awesome that you have that bit of history. Wow a 3 digit phone number. Although, I can remember just having to dial 4 digits for local numbers in the 80s and party lines that weren't much of a party to have!

5. Biddieacres

Biddieacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Thanks! I think I am going to mail a copy of this pic over to Cooks Meats (which is a different name now) but I heard they collect old photos and hang them on the wall at the meat market.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by