A pullet that thinks shes a parrot

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by pw_quiltworks, Aug 19, 2014.

1. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    I have 4 frizzle cochin bantams in my coop. All 4 are pretty friendly. I have one that will step up like a parrot. No matter I am in the yard or in the coop she will fly to my arm and perch there until I make her get down. It's quite funny. I need only to say come on and she will fly up. Neat little chicken. She does not have the frizzle feathers but carries the gene. She lets me pat her like a cat and loves the attention. First chicken that I have had that does that. I am going to have hubby film it sometime. Might be a hoot. I am sure there's others that do this but just had to share it. The other girls will just fly down but not baby. Baby will stay as long as I will let her. I make a big point to go out everyday to keep her tame like that. Funny though she does not like to be picked up but loves to fly up. Hmmm maybe i should try to make her talk like a parrot. Now wouldn't that be something. [​IMG]

2. emma p

emma p Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2013
    Kansas
    Aww! She loves her mommy!

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

That's so cool! I agree with Emma p, you're her mommy! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by