A quack inducing plant?

Beja

In the Brooder
May 22, 2017
Hello all, I have recently (well a few months ago) acquired my first backyard fowl two Blue Swedish one khaki Campbell and one Magpie duck. they are doing great! I think they are about 5 months at this point. One weird thing that I have not been able to get an answer to based on extensive internet research or Story's guide is this: I have one point of my yard where there are some strawberry plants and a peony bush, whenever the ducks get into that area (they have free reign of the fenced yard) they start quacking like crazy. when they get to that bush they all start quacking very loudly making you think that there's something goingon. a couple of times I've gotten scared and run outside because they sound like they're under attack or something. I habe investigated the area thoroughly and haven't found anything amiss, they just seem to really like to quack in this bush, a lot. what is going on!?

Hmmm... they are in bloom, but I haven't seen any bees over there, but maybe they are scattering before I get close.

Then I would guess it's not an alarm quack but an excitement quack. Others are probably right that there are yummy things in the area.

Back
Top Bottom