A question about the 1588 hova bator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mystary, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Mystary

Mystary Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2008
    Jackson, GA
    I am new to hatching eggs. I ordered some fertile eggs off ebay and I should be receiving them tomorrow. I bought a LG Still Air Incubator and the egg turner at the local feed store. After reading all the good things about the 1588 hova bator I am now thinking about buying it. Will the LG egg turner work in the 1588 hova bator?

Thanks,
    Tina

2. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    I am not sure about that but if ya order it from GQF please tell them Miss Prissy from BYC sent ya as I am trying to get them to reconize her for all the bators people have bought from them as she is a strong supporter of the 1588

3. Mystary

Apr 21, 2008
    Jackson, GA
    Yes I will tell them that Miss Prissy from BYC sent me...lol

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  4. hippichick

hippichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    I bought a hova bator yesterday after hearing all the good things about it. I am tired of fighting the LG.. Anyway, yes, the LG egg turner fits perfectly in the hova bator. I don't know who you ordered your hova bator from, but I ordered 2 from Cutler Supply on Saturday. I called yesterday to ask when to expect them, and was told they were out until maybe Monday. I have eggs coming in, so I can't wait til then, so I called GQF, and was told that they couldn't ship for at least 4 days after I placed my order. So I found a place near my home that handles hova bators. I paid alot more than with Cutler Supply, but I had to have it sooner. So you might want to check on when you will get yours in since you have already ordered eggs.

5. Mystary

Apr 21, 2008
    Jackson, GA
    Thanks for the info. I am so glad my LG egg turner will work in the Hova Bator. I just bought it last week, along with the LG still air incubator. At least I'm not out that money. I ordered the 1588 Hova Bator this morning from GQF. I guess I will use the LG until the Hova Bator gets here. Again Thanks,

Tina

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by