A question for Canadians

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by PaulaSB12, Jan 16, 2011.

1. PaulaSB12

PaulaSB12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    Do any of you live in or near Cobourg because I wondered because I work for a firm called Weetabix and they have a Weetabix in Cobourg.

2. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    I dont live in Cobourg anymore but I used to.... and my Aunt still does

3. PaulaSB12

PaulaSB12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    Quote:What is it like? My boss got sent to the Canadian Weetabix for two years and I would love to know what the area is like and if anyone works there.

4. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    Cobourg is a small town but its popular in the summer months... (from the end of may to the end of August)

Quaint little town very safe for young kids but quite boring for teens unless they drive

because its right at the lake (Lake Ontario) they can get quite a bit of lake affect snow

its about 90 minutes from the Pearson International Airport and about the same from down town Toronto

population is about 18,500

what do you mean " if anyone works there"?.. I dont know where the factory is I was about 8 when I left and to be honest its not like the factory is a tourist destination

If you like the outdoors even in the cold then you will like it there is fishing year round.. sledding in the winter... ect...

Is this the information you were looking for?

5. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

It's a bout a 2 hr drive from my house [​IMG]

I've never stopped there, but have drove by the exits...

Ontario is nice, lots of wide open spaces close by... You'll find the people nice, (I"m biased of course)

It's on the 401, witch is one of the big highways round here.

That's all I know

and since you a BYC'ner if you ever need a chicken conection here, I'll help ya out [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by