A Question on this white bantam

telsono

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 15, 2014
Maya is about 12 to 14 weeks old. She came from a Bantam Mix of day old chicks from Murray McMurray. One source suggest that she is a Bantam Americauna or Easter Egger. I kind of doubt it. Her body lines seems more like an OEGB as well as her attitude.

Maya's color is basically white with some black splashes and a salmon blush to her breast. The other two bantams are a similar age Nankin (Mocha)and a full grown Silver Duckwing OEGB (Coco).

Would it be possible that she is a Red Pyle or a mix of Red Pyle and Splash OEGB?

She is probably not an Ameraucana or Easter Egger--the body structure, comb type, and general appearance are wrong. However, I don't think she's a White OEG, either, since she has the wrong leg color. White OEG have yellow legs, not blue slate legs like Maya. Plus McMurray hatchery doesn't sell White OEG in the first place.

My best guess is that Maya is a Red Pyle Old English Game. Most have more reddish shading on their breast, but her coloring may come in eventually.

She is probably not an Ameraucana or Easter Egger--the body structure, comb type, and general appearance are wrong. However, I don't think she's a White OEG, either, since she has the wrong leg color. White OEG have yellow legs, not blue slate legs like Maya. Plus McMurray hatchery doesn't sell White OEG in the first place.

My best guess is that Maya is a Red Pyle Old English Game. Most have more reddish shading on their breast, but her coloring may come in eventually.

I agree with telsono and BantamLover21's guesses; Maya is likely a Red Pyle Old English Game.

I agree.

Thanks for the comments. I have learned a lot about chickens in the last few months and appreciated learning more from this community.

Back
Top Bottom