1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A Question on this white bantam

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by telsono, Oct 30, 2014.

1. telsono

telsono Out Of The Brooder

Sep 15, 2014
    Maya is about 12 to 14 weeks old. She came from a Bantam Mix of day old chicks from Murray McMurray. One source suggest that she is a Bantam Americauna or Easter Egger. I kind of doubt it. Her body lines seems more like an OEGB as well as her attitude.[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Maya's color is basically white with some black splashes and a salmon blush to her breast. The other two bantams are a similar age Nankin (Mocha)and a full grown Silver Duckwing OEGB (Coco).

2. telsono

Sep 15, 2014
    Would it be possible that she is a Red Pyle or a mix of Red Pyle and Splash OEGB?

3. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    She is probably not an Ameraucana or Easter Egger--the body structure, comb type, and general appearance are wrong. However, I don't think she's a White OEG, either, since she has the wrong leg color. White OEG have yellow legs, not blue slate legs like Maya. Plus McMurray hatchery doesn't sell White OEG in the first place.

My best guess is that Maya is a Red Pyle Old English Game. Most have more reddish shading on their breast, but her coloring may come in eventually.

4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    I agree with telsono and BantamLover21's guesses; Maya is likely a Red Pyle Old English Game.

5. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I agree.

6. telsono

Sep 15, 2014
    Thanks for the comments. I have learned a lot about chickens in the last few months and appreciated learning more from this community.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by