a question, please, about hatchlings from this morning

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mamadukes5, Sep 15, 2011.

1. mamadukes5

mamadukes5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    Easthampton, Mass
    my eggs started hatching this morning and right now I have 5 in the brooder and thought the other 3 eggs weren't going to hatch. Just took a peek at the incubator and I can hear one of them cheeping. Will it be all right if it hatches out there tonight away from the others I already took out of there? Do eggs that get put in an incubator on the same day usually hatch on the same day or is it ok if some of them are taking longer?

2. Nava

Nava I Got The Naked Neck Blues

Aug 2, 2009
    Ocala Fl
    it's ok, some take a day longer to hatch sometimes, it will be fine.

3. mamadukes5

Jul 14, 2011
    Easthampton, Mass
    thanks, I was worried. Will just keep an eye on them then to see if they hatch. Someone this morning mentioned opening the shells after a certain time, and I dont want to kill them with my stupidity. Thanks again.

4. Nava

Nava I Got The Naked Neck Blues

Aug 2, 2009
    Ocala Fl
    Quote:I personally. if they don't break the egg shell after a few days I don't even bother cracking it to see .

now if there's one that I think it might need help I will help it, but if there's a lot of chicks breaking the shell at the time this one might need help, I leave it alone, I don't want to risk the others, by opening the bator.

I say just be patient wait..............................

5. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    chicks should be okay in the incubator for up to 3 days (which some people prefer to keep chicks in the incubator until the rest hatch before taking any out.)

6. mamadukes5

Jul 14, 2011
    Easthampton, Mass
    good to know. If they'll be ok for three days in there, I dont have to stay up all night. Thanks for the info.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by