A romantic midnight swim. :)

luvmychicknkids

Canning Squirrel
11 Years
Mar 6, 2008
Floresville, Texas
I just thought this was too sweet not to share.
smile.png
My two turtles are the sweetest little creatures. I walked by a few minutes ago and they are both in their "bathtub" together. They were both basically "roadkill" that I saved from the brink of death....both doing quite well considering. Please excuse the hard water deposits on their tub. We have the worst water ever here.

They are Linda and Quagmire. If you have ever watched Family Guy you can imagine how Quagmire got his name...it fits!!! LOL
022020093367[2].jpg

Last edited:
Thanks.
smile.png
They are just box turtles. Linda was the worst hit....we really didn't expect her to survive. When I found her she was bleeding very bad and her shell was broken in 5 separate sections.
sad.png
Neither could survive outside now....far too many places on their shells that any animal could just rip them apart.

Did you use super glue to repair their shells?

We used to have desert tortoises that adopted us. They would move into our yards from the desert because they liked all of our vegetation.

Rufus

Actually, what I used was kinda strange.
smile.png
I stuck her together with postal priority tape....we called her the "Prioriturtle" for the longest time. Someone suggested Super Glue, but her shell actually had to be held in place or she would just fall apart. I would change the tape every day or two and soak and clean her wounds. We didn't get to put Quagmire back together. He actually has missing parts to his shell.

I think turtles of any kind are just amazing little animals.
smile.png
We absolutely adore these guys.
smile.png

Good for you for saving these little beauties!! Most people would just cruise on by and not think a thing of it! They are very lucky that you found them and took such good care of them!

We had a little girl that got ran over by a lawnmower, we kept big band aids on her back and did the same thing for her as you did for yours! She was with us for about a year, then she was released back into the wild!

Thanks everyone.
smile.png
They really are sweethearts.
smile.png
Some of the friendliest turtles I have ever seen. It just always amazes me how many times you see them hit.
sad.png
I mean, it isn't like they can run out in front of your car.

I HATE using the lawnmower for the reason you mentioned, Bec. Every time I start it I try to make sure there aren't any around but I know there is no way to be positive. Thankfully I haven't hit any so far.

Back
Top Bottom