A rooster crowed..... in the living room

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by KDbeads, Oct 12, 2009.

1. KDbeads

KDbeads Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2009
    East Central VA
    We have 'Dinner' in the living room in a 'make shift hospital' crate because he decided to taunt the dogs after escaping and got his butt attacked. He's doing fine but I think he has scared the crap out of my cats. I really didn't think it was possible!
    All night and all morning he was quiet except his pecking at the food. The 5 boys in the house, cats, have gotten used to him rather quickly after he pecked at them through the crate holes last night while they were inspecting him. About 4 this afternoon I sat down on the couch and turned on the TV for a bit. Winken was sprawled out on top of the crate. Nod was stretched out in front of it. Onyx was on the buffet with his paws touching the crate. Timothy and Jefferson were laying next to the back of it and all of a sudden he crows. Not a big loud one either but the cats literally flew down the hall to the bathroom to escape the unexpected noise. I'm laughing hysterically and he starts cackling at me, further upsetting the boys to the point that they refused to come out of the bathroom for about a half hour.

Since then the cats have steered clear of the crate, even so much as a 'bawk' from Dinner is met by cats scrambling to leave his sight. I think he's getting a kick out of it because he'll wait until they get 'just' close enough and makes a noise at them.

This is just too much entertainment for me from my eventual dinner.......

[​IMG]

Edited because I really wasn't paying any attention when titling this post [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I can relate! My crippled rooster, Zane, has a playpen he can stay in when it's too rainy to put him out on the ground. When he's in the house and crows, this is what happens:

[​IMG]

3. lafemmeale

lafemmeale Out Of The Brooder

I just love that your rooster's name is "Dinner". awesome!

4. KDbeads

KDbeads Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2009
    East Central VA
    [​IMG]

5. kipepeo

kipepeo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    NC KS
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I am laughing so hard i am crying

6. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Quote:OK I am a huge dog lover and I don't want to make fun of your precious puppy, but...[​IMG]

7. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Chook-A-Holic

Chook-A-Holic Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Central, N.C.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    I had an injured roo in the house for a few days and when he crowed it was so loud. About drove us nuts. He could hear his buddies outside and had to compete with them. My inside dog really doesn't pay much attention to the chickens. She will walk up to them and give a sniff but unless there is a disagreement amoung the chickens she leaves them alone. But she will break up a fight. She loves it when we have chicks. She loves all babies. She will kill a mouse but won't kill a baby mouse. She killed my grandsons hamster as soon as it hit the floor. Little dogs she likes even if they are older. It seems the would know they wheren't babies, but she treats them as if they where.

10. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    [​IMG] sounds like my house with my moms lil mutt Winslow comes over. I still have 3 seramas and my uno chick in the house. Two of the seramas are roos and that lil dog about dies each time they make the tiny lil squeek of a crow lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by