A rooster in need of home(Northern CA)

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by hannahchick, Jan 12, 2015.

1. hannahchick

hannahchick New Egg

Oct 26, 2014
    This is Wilbur a 3 and 1/2 month old Barred Rock that fits well with our other 5 hens. He is a sweet boy but sadly we can't have a rooster because he is too noisy. I would love to see him go to a great home
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Overrun With Chickens

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    You are a compassionate person trying to re home your roo. Wont mention the other options. WISHING YOU THE BEST. Even if I could , roosters are not allowed in my area.

3. BarredRockMom

BarredRockMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    I'm in PA so I obviously can't take him, but he looks very sweet, handsome and inquisitive. Brought tears to my eyes as I remembered the boys I lost this past Fall, one of whom was a Barred Rock. I hope you find him a great home.

4. BarredRockMom

BarredRockMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    Silly question, but have you heard of the rooster 'no crow'collar? It's supposed to work by preventing the roo's air sac from getting inflated fully. Mind you, I have no experience with such a thing, but I thought I'd mention it as a possible option that might allow you to keep Wilbur. Maybe someone else on this site has used it & can provide you with an opinion? Also, would caponizing him take away the urge to crow I wonder? Just trying to think outside the box...

5. hannahchick

hannahchick New Egg

Oct 26, 2014
    Oh okay good to know. Thank you so much everyone for your input

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by