A Sad Day....

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by franklinstreetwest, Jun 29, 2011.

1. franklinstreetwest

franklinstreetwest Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2010
    Urban Jungle
    It was such a beautiful morning... Then at just before noon, my other half Mike (who doesn't like birds), calls me bawling uncontrollably. I couldn't understand a word and had to convince him to take a breath. He was hysterical... a dog pushed the garage door open and made fast fun of all of our little darling girls. Daisy, Dinka, Pocahantas, the St. Bernard Twins, Sundae and DeVille are no longer our companions. I rushed home from the store and he had found Nona in a corner. She has a couple minor puncture wounds, but she'll heal. He was still crying. At least we still have our little Weeble to. She has wry-neck and was saved from the massacre because she lives in the house with us right now. I'm gonna miss gardening with my girls SOOO much....sigh.

Just had to let my sorrow out.... Mike cries, I vent... Thank You for listening.

2. Dutchess

Dutchess Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I too had dogs get to all five of my babies last fall. I started all over again with baby chicks this spring and I'm so glad I did. I wasn't sure if I was going to, I was so upset, but eventually I came around... and reinforced my chicken run (they dug under the fencing).

Just when you think you've got all the predators figured out, the darn domesticated mutts turn into one![​IMG]

3. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    Oh man! I am sooo sorry for your loss [​IMG]

4. chi-rn

chi-rn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    I feel so sad about your loss.
    [​IMG]

5. blazensasha

blazensasha Out Of The Brooder