A Sign of the Times:

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickenfeathers, Dec 18, 2007.

1. chickenfeathers

chickenfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  2. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Friends don't let friends fly drunk!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

LOL

4. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    [​IMG]

A friend of mine just recently mentioned he had to go in for a drug test. I was shocked! I guess some jobs are doing it for everybody, but I know I would take offense to that!

5. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:A friend of mine had to do this for a new job, AND someone went in with her to watch her pee and make sure it was hers! Good golly!

6. luvzmybabz

luvzmybabz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    My husband usually gets one if not two hair follices per year from his job ( you shoulod see what they do to the bald guy that has indian blood (very little body hair))

7. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    I have to take that test whenever asked, its part of DOT that percentage of all drivers be tested, also its part of the prehire physical. If your offended by this do you have something to HIDE??? I dont want the person driving the train, plane, operating a ride at an amusement park stoned or drunk. If it offends you then dont complian when the guy who just did a couple of lines of Coke forgets to stop at the red light, or forgets to disconect power to something that ends up getting you electricuted, or killed. Its a fact of life now for most jobs that you must be willing to submit to random drug testing. If you are not willing then practice this phrase "Would you like fries with that??"

The military has been testing for years, how do you feel about some drugged up soildier/sailor/airmen/marine wrecking a muiltimillion dollar piece of equiptment, because he/she wanted to get high??

I know smoking dope makes you more alert....there must be a reason they call it DOPE

8. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    MdBucks,

I'm very surprised at your response. That was VERY rude!

I know I took offense to YOUR post! For your information, no, I don't have anything to hide. In fact I was second in my HS class and got a FULL scholarship to my college. I am involved with just about every honors club the school has to offer AND I am also a state certified EMT going for a degree in Pre-Med. As of now, I have a 4.0 grade average, with A's in every class.

So the answer to your question is No, I do not have anything to hide. I merely feel offended to have another freedom taken away from me just so I can get a job. I have never been asked for a drug test before in my life and I have worked about ten different jobs. I don't see why I would ever have to do one if I didn't want to.

9. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2007
  10. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    Quote:No, not rude I stated reality, get a job as a EMT and be driving and involved in an accident, especially if fatality is involved and guess where your first stop will be. That is right to take a piss test to make sure you were not under the influence of any mind altering substance. It is a liability isssue, if you are doing drugs, employers do not want you. You are right employers are taking away your freedoms so you can have a JOB, if you dont want to take the test then dont expect to be hired its a fact of life, no one is forcing you to take the test, however it is the employers RIGHT to deny you employment if you are not willing to submit to testing.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by